Sunday, January 9, 2011

My New Years Resolution Post

  My first resolution for the year of 2011 is to get more organized. My locker is a shambles, so is my room, and I always seem to find myself hollering questions about where my iPod or other things are at home. And on top of that, my parents are always telling me to get more organized and I don't. So I think that I should make an effort to get more organized when we move into our new house this year.
  My second resolution is to be able to retain things that I have learned in class for tests. It isn't that I am not listening, no, it is that I simply forget what we learned, especially in math class. My results on tests have not been the best, and I want them to improve, and it isn't because my parents are saying that if I want a certain present at the year, I have to get better! It is because I want to get those grades up and be able to retain information successfully. 
  This Christmas holiday was quite good. I went to Yunnan Province in China and visited Kunming, LiJiang, Shangri-La (no, not the one with the elixir of life!) and Dali, a small town in between LiJiang and Kunming. The best part in my opinion was Shangri-La. We got to stay in the Banyan Tree: a very, very luxurious hotel for a total of two nights and got a room with two floors. The upper floor was the living area and the beds, and the lower floor was a huge bathroom and one room. There was also a nice rock garden with a small patch of snow. But I didn't think that that measly patch was enough, so I climbed over to the next room's balcony, went down the stairs to the rock garden with a container, and scooped up lots of snow and brought it back to our room. It was very cold in Shangri-La, though and whenever I exhaled, a big cloud of steam would come from my mouth.
  One talent I possess is making LEGO animations. I make them frame by frame and upload them to YouTube on my channel CWMmedia. It is a very tedious process; taking a picture, moving a minifigure slightly, taking another picture, and so on. But in the end, all the hard work pays off in the form of a nice and smooth animation. I just made an order for minifigure parts for my next film, with the US Army on the island of Guadalcanal in World War 2. I think that this film will be a good one and I am looking forward to making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment