Monday, January 24, 2011

City Connection Reflection

Recently in Humanities, we made a PowerPoint project about a city we lived in. I chose Singapore because I lived there for a while, eight years to be precise.
One thing that I think I did well on was providing ample information in the project. I also made sure that all my sentences were grammatically correct and had good spelling. I also chose a background that was simple and I didn't put any images or backgrounds that had lurid colors in them. I believe that presentations should be visually appealing, and not have a blue background with bright red polka dots, which would look hideous.
I think that for future presentations, I should choose some images that blend in to the background a little better and maybe have a little more information on what I am doing, not that I didn't have much in this presentation!
I learned that even if you don't have much time to do a presentation, you should always do the best job you possibly can. If you only have a limited amount of time to complete the presentation, you are more inclined to do a rush job of the presentation than you are to do a good job, but you always have to do the best you can, or your presentation will, quite frankly, stink.
I learned some things from other people's presentations as well. One thing that I learned was that not all cities with a population over 100,000 have an airport, some can be quite remote and are only accessible by train or road. I used to think that most cities today would have an airport that at least one major carrier would go to, but no.
I met the requirements of the rubric by putting all the things that it required in the presentation! I put graphics and maps in, and the historic and environmental factors.
I think that I did the organization of the PowerPoint quite well, it did not have busy colors and it was relatively simple. And also, the sentences were not too long and I didn't put too much information into it, I put just enough. One thing that I think I should work on is trying to find images that blend almost seamlessly with the background, not having a red background with a black and white picture for example. Overall, I think I did pretty well on this project, considering that I did not have too much time to do it and how much information is needed for a PowerPoint presentation like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment